- Who is my Pre-HW academic advisor?
You can find your advisor by checking your Buckeyelink account. If you are currently enrolled as a pre-HW student, you can schedule an appointment with your advisor by calling the Office of Student Affairs and Success front desk at 614-292-4041.
- As a parent of a Pre-HW student may I contact the academic advising staff?
Parents can contact the academic advising staff. We are happy to assist you and your child throughout the pre-HW year. However, much of the information we may access regarding your child's academic work and progression is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and may not be shared with parents without written consent of the student.
- Is it possible for a non pre-HW student to apply to the major?
Yes, students outside of the pre-HW option may apply to the major assuming they complete the prerequisite courses and meet the minimum admissions requirements.
- Where should I send my AP scores?
Please send AP scores to the following address:
The Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
- Do I really have to take a Foreign Language Placement Exam?
Although the College of Nursing does not require students to take a foreign language, we encourage students to take the Foreign Language Placement Exam. Depending on the placement score students may receive elective credit, which is required for graduation.
- What if I cannot get into the prerequisite courses?
The academic advisors will assist you in scheduling and help you register for the required classes.