This information is intended for students who will be enrolled in courses at one of our associate degree partner institutions and at Ohio State’s RN to BSN program at the same time, through concurrent enrollment. Concurrent enrollment is when a student is enrolled in coursework required of their associate degree in nursing program while at the same time enrolled in coursework required for the College of Nursing’s RN to BSN program. Certain conditions for concurrent enrollment depending on the school may exist and this agreement does not guarantee financial aid.
If you are a soon-to-be or recent graduate from an associate degree nursing program, please visit the RN to BSN webpage for more information on how to apply.
- A current student at one of our partner associate degree nursing programs
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher or a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 if a previous bachelor degree was earned
- Completion of prerequisite courses prior to enrollment in the Path2BSN program
The following prerequisite courses or equivalents taken at other institutions are required prior to enrollment into the Path2BSN program. These courses must be completed with a C- or better.
- Chemistry (1110 Elementary Chemistry)
- English (1110 First year English Composition)
- Biology* (1101 Introductory Biology or 1113 Biological Sciences)
- Anatomy* (2300 Basic Human Anatomy)
- Microbiology (4000 Basic and Practical Microbiology)
Chemistry and microbiology courses must include a lab component.
*A combination of six hours of biology, anatomy or physiology will be accepted for biology and anatomy prerequisite.
You are responsible for verifying that all the prerequisite courses taken (or planned) meet the College of Nursing’s requirements. Prerequisite courses taken at other institutions must be direct equivalents to the courses at Ohio State to meet the requirements. To determine the suitability of credit completed at another institution, you can refer to Transferology, a web resource containing transfer information for courses offered at colleges or universities in the State of Ohio. You can also review the transfer credit charts created by the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions. If you are unable to locate your courses through these two resources, please email the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance with evaluating your courses.
Prerequisite courses that are not able to be identified for equivalency at Ohio State by the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions will need to be evaluated by the transfer credit evaluators in the individual departments in which the course is taught. You will be required to provide syllabi to the individual department transfer credit evaluators for this determination.
Admission to the Path2BSN program is available each semester through the RN to BSN application.
- 1. Submit the online application.
You must submit your application through the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions by the posted deadline.
- 2. Submit your resume.
- Your resume should include examples of leadership, committee work and certifications received.
- Your resume should be submitted at the same time as your application.
- 3. Submit your personal statement.
A one-page, single-spaced (12 point font, 1-inch margins) personal statement, written in a narrative format. Here are some recommended topics to consider when composing your statement:
- Current and future educational and/or career goals
- Academic record and its reflection on your academic potential (GPA, course grades, etc.)
- Any formal leadership experiences (charge nurse, department store manager, etc.)
- Awards or certifications you have received (work-related, educational, nursing or non-nursing certifications, awards from volunteering, etc.)
- Community service or volunteer activities
- 4. Submit your official transcripts.
- Transcripts from all previous institutions must be sent to Graduate and Professional Admissions.
- Transcripts must be postmarked no later than the following dates for each term of admission:
- July 15 for Autumn admission
- November 15 for Spring admission
- April 1 for Summer admission
- 5. Complete your prerequisite courses.
- Courses must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
- If you are taking prerequisite courses prior to admission, you must also submit updated transcripts prior to enrollment in the Path2BSN program to demonstrate successful completion of the courses.
If you have any questions about the Path2BSN program or the application process, please email Path2BSN@osu.edu.
All required materials listed above must be submitted by the posted deadline. Please allow up to five business days for the status of materials to be updated on your application status webpage. Any item still marked as incomplete by the listed deadline will result in your application being removed from consideration.
Application decisions are made on a rolling basis. Most applicants will receive a decision on their application within one month of submitting a complete application. You can download an overview of the admissions timeline here.
Once admitted, you will be given a short window of time to accept the offer. Newly admitted students to Ohio State are required to pay a $100 acceptance fee.
For questions regarding our admissions process or requirements, please contact email@example.com.
In accordance with the non-discrimination policy of The Ohio State University and the College of Nursing, we strictly prohibit any discrimination based upon age, color, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, religion, pregnancy, or veteran status in its application, admission, or enrollment practices.
Ohio State is committed to treating applicants fairly and with dignity and respect. Please click here to review Ohio State’s new post-admissions policy.
Opens: April 1
Closes: June 30
Opens: July 1
Closes: October 30
Opens: January 16
Closes: March 31