We have high aspirations for our students as healthcare professionals. We support them in pursuing their personal and professional success through a simple philosophy: LIVE WELL.
LIVE WELL reflects the values we share in helping prepare our students for a lifetime of transforming health and improving lives. Each letter is significant and intentional in this philosophy.
Learn more about our LIVE WELL philosophy.
Our Path2BSN website houses current webinars and professional webinars from the Path2BSN Nurse Educator.
In Spring Semester there will be the addition of three professional webinars on a “hot topic” in nursing. Check back for updates.
Watch the past webinars below to broaden your knowledge and develop more confidence.
Importance of BSN
Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
As we move into 2022, we expect to see new trends in the field of nursing and in healthcare. According to a recent article (Morris, 2021), It is helpful to understand some of the new opportunities in nursing and healthcare that may help guide future decisions and careers.
There are 10 Nursing Trends We May See in the Future:
- The job growth for nurses will continue to rise
- Home Health Nursing will increase in career decisions
- Care Models will change due to the impact of COVID-19
- Virtual Simulation and Technology will continue to change nursing education
- Healthcare staff will be a priority need
- Resilience and Support of nurses will be the key to retaining the workforce
- There will be an impact from the nursing shortage
- Short term fixes to the nursing shortage could affect patient care
- Nursing Training and higher education will be in demand
- Online Education will continue to increase in popularity
Morris, G. (2021). Nursing and healthcare trends we can expect to see in 2022. Retrieved from nursejournal.org/articles/2022-nursing-healthcare-trends
Reasons to contact the Nurse Educator
Nurse educators serve as advisors and mentors to the next generation of nurses as they transition into the world. What are some reasons that you should contact the Path2BSN Nurse Educator for a one-on-one appointment?
- The nurse educator has experience in many areas of nursing and can offer insight into desired roles and fields for students.
- The nurse educator can assist students in developing a personalized nursing career pathway.
- The nurse educator can provide information on professional development and career service offerings.
- The nurse educator can provide resources to students if needed to help transition into the nursing role upon graduation.
As you pursue your BSN, The Ohio State University College of Nursing also offers certificate programs that could further enhance your career development and opportunities. Certificate study areas include school nurse, nurse educator, interprofessional healthcare, healthcare leadership and innovation, nurse coaching, primary care and health and wellness coaching.
As a nurse and nursing student it is helpful for professional development to also be involved in a professional organization. The organization may be small and local or large and national, but either way it offers many opportunities that may help guide career development. Below is our student organization at the College of Nursing. Check it out!
Join a Student Organization this Semester
Experience the College of Nursing beyond the classroom and get involved with one of our many student organizations this semester! Access resources, support and professional guidance as you interact with other students and mentors within your organization. Get involved today!
Two career opportunities that continue to be in demand are travel nursing and CRNA roles. Check out the career networking opportunities below.
Join the Nursing Alumni Office for a career networking lunch on Thursday, March 24 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in Newton Hall room 264, featuring alums Gina Osterbrock BSN ’09 and Laura Yamokoski BSN ‘00. Boxed lunches will be provided. Learn more
Join the Nursing Alumni Office for a career networking lunch on Thursday, April 14 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in Newton Hall room 168, featuring alums Kristine Adams BSN ‘92, Kim Regis BSN ’02, MS ’05, DNP ’11, Lisa Klenke BSN ‘80 and Maria Stromer BSN ‘93. Boxed lunches will be provided. Learn more
Explore your options for certificate programs.
At The Ohio State University, we value and prioritize student wellness and self-care. Self-care is not selfish, and we seek to empower and support students to pursue balance to lead a healthy, happy life. Access our Student Wellness Center to learn about its services, events, outreach and how to get involved.
As part of our Student Wellness, Did you know that the College of Nursing has our own mental health counselor to support our students? Please check out the resource below:
Shelby Woith, MA, LPCC, is the embedded mental health counselor for the College of Nursing. She is available for individual counseling Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. You can contact her to schedule an appointment via email.