- Who is my Pre-Nursing academic advisor?
You can find your advisor by checking your Buckeyelink account. If you are currently enrolled as a pre-nursing student, you can schedule an appointment with your advisor by calling the Office of Student Affairs and Success front desk at 614-292-4041.
- As a parent of a Pre-Nursing student may I contact the academic advising staff?
Parents can contact the academic advising staff. We are happy to assist you and your child throughout the pre-nursing year. However, much of the information we may access regarding your child's academic work and progression is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and may not be shared with parents without written consent of the student.
- What are the prerequisite courses I must complete as part of the admission process into the nursing major?
A list of the prerequisite classes can be found here.
- Is it possible for a non pre-nursing student to apply to the nursing major?
Yes, students outside of the pre-nursing option may apply to the major assuming they complete the prerequisite courses and meet the minimum admissions requirements.
- As a pre-nursing student how can I get involved and meet fellow pre-nursing students, faculty and staff?
Pre-Nursing students have the opportunity to attend social and educational programs sponsored by the College of Nursing. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend these special programs. Pre-nursing students will also have the opportunity to meet their peers during the nursing survey 1100 class.
- Where should I send my AP scores?
Please send AP scores to the following address:
The Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
- Do I really have to take a Foreign Language Placement Exam?
Although the College of Nursing does not require students to take a foreign language, we encourage students to take the Foreign Language Placement Exam. Depending on the placement score students may receive elective credit, which is required for graduation.
- What if I cannot get into the prerequisite courses?
The academic advisors will assist you in scheduling and help you register for the required classes.
- What are the requirements to remain in the Pre-Nursing major?
To maintain their status in the Pre-Nursing major, students must maintain a minimum cumulative Ohio State GPA of 3.2. Students who do not maintain a minimum cumulative 3.2 Ohio State GPA at the end of spring semester will receive a notification via email that they have fallen below the minimum GPA and will be required to change their major. Ohio State GPA does not include grades from coursework taken at other institutions. Students are not required to be in the Pre-Nursing major to apply to the BSN, and dismissal from the Pre-Nursing major does not indicate a decision on a current or future BSN application.