Student Involvement Opportunities
- Buckeye Assembly for Men in Nursing
Buckeye Assembly for Men in Nursing (BAMN) provides support, community and professional guidance to male nursing students. Enrollment in the organization is open to both current and pre-nursing students. This organization is not currently active. Please check back for updates and club reactivation. Thank you!
To learn more about BAMN, you can watch an informational session video.
- Advisor: Shane Gahn
- Buckeye Student Nurses Association (BSNA)
This local chapter of the National Student Nurses Association was launched in 2012. Get involved in this professional organization as a student and learn how to network with your peers, prepare for your career and promote the profession. The chapter is actively seeking membership from undergraduate nursing students. Local chapter members must join the national organization at NSNA and can join the state organization at OhSNA. Watch this video which explains the benefits of joining the NSNA.
To learn more about BSNA, you can watch this video.
- Co-Presidents: Maria Hermann and Anna Robinson
- President-Elect: Kate Finn
- Vice President-Elect: Lindsey Thompson
- Advisor: Abby Suarez
- Secretary: Grace Woodward
- Treasurer: Anna Shaffer
- Fundraising Chair: Rebekah Reynolds
- Social Chair: Caroline Conaway
- Breakthrough to Nursing Chair: Calvin Schuellerman
- Dean's Student Advisory Council
The Dean's Student Advisory Council is a group of students from all programs offered here at the College of Nursing that meets twice each semester with the Dean of the College of Nursing to discuss relevant student concerns and to serve as student input for issues within the college brought from the Dean.
- Peer Advisor: Avery Adams
The mission of N-SPIRE is to raise public awareness and provide education about healthcare inequities and disparities in underserved populations while providing valuable educational experiences for nursing students at Ohio State through outreach and social service. N-SPIRE is built on the concept that health care inequities are inhumane manifestations of structural violence that threaten the health and safety of all individuals in our society. Enrollment in the organization is open for both current and pre-nursing students.
To learn more about N-SPIRE, you can watch an informational session video.
- Co-Presidents: Paige Martin and Casey Felton
- Advisor: Jennifer Dush and Kate Gawlik
- Treasurer: Cassa McGee
- Student Liaison: Kayleigh Hill
- Pre-Nursing Representatives: Madelyne Singer, Samantha Gambale, Grace Downing, and Maeve Hutton
- Secretary: Julia Brenner and Claire Packer
- Social Officers: Chloe Michel and Hannah Henry
- Inventory Officers: Makayla Grecenuk
- Nurses for Sexual and Reproductive Health
Nurses for Sexual and Reproductive Health (NSRH) is a nation-wide organization that supports nurses who see gaps in healthcare and want to fight for progressive change. The Ohio State student chapter is dedicated to bridging the gaps specifically within nursing education and providing students with resources, lectures and workshops that can help support their goals. Topics can include, but are not limited, to gender expression and identity, HIV+ patients, transgender care, pregnancy options counseling and contraception. Enrollment is open to current Ohio State nursing students.
To learn more about NSRH, you can watch this video.
- President: Alex Fester
- Vice President: Megan Worley
- Advisor: Emily Neiman
- Treasurer: Madison Klavan
- Secretary: Siena Cordial
- Nursing Students of Color (NSC)
The mission of NSC is to provide guidance to underrepresented pre-nursing and nursing students of color (including people of African, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, and/or Asian/Pacific Island descent) at The Ohio State University. Through our unity and the dedicated involvement of our allies, NSC is focused on igniting action and awareness at The Ohio State University College of Nursing regarding the issues faced by both undergraduate and graduate students of underrepresented ethnic groups who are focused on a career in nursing.
To learn more about NSC, you can watch this video.
- President: Mikayla King
- Vice President: Roslyn Perry
- Treasurer: Kimmara Yarbrough
- Advisor: Timiya Nolan
- Secretary: Zoe Harris
- Public Relations: Ruth Tesfay
- Association of Future Nurse Researchers
The purpose of the Association of Future Nurse Researchers is to provide a collaborative and safe environment where Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing students can meet, support and mentor one another while enrolled at The Ohio State University. This includes, but is not limited to, regular meetings, on or off campus, for the purpose of networking, supporting and mentoring. In addition to these activities, this association also aims to provide additional guest speaking and professional development activities as requested by members.
- President: Alicia Holod
- Vice President: Jess Sherman
- Treasurer: Shawnice Shankle
- Advisor: Ethan Morgan