You have knowledge to share.
We have students who are eager to learn.
A true strength of the College of Nursing, our preceptor program generates tangible benefits for everyone involved. Students gain real-world experience that’s only available in a clinical setting. Preceptors can inspire the next generation of nurses while gaining a valuable connection to the resources of the College of Nursing. And our faculty is strengthened through the working relationships they develop with leading clinicians.
When they reflect on their involvement with the preceptor program, our alumni routinely tell us they recognize it as one of the most rewarding aspects of their academic career.
For those who are already participating as a preceptor, thank you for your involvement and your forward thinking. And for those who are considering becoming involved as a preceptor, we encourage you to join us. If you are interested in becoming a preceptor for The Ohio State University College of Nursing, please contact Courtney Ruffalo-Miller, clinical placement director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-5099.
Congratulations to our 2022-23 Preceptors of the Year
- Adult Acute Care NP
- Neelam Patel, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Provided more than 500 hours to three students
- Has precepted every semester since 2021
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP
- Mary Bishop, My Healthy Alliance
- Provided more than 1,000 hours to six students
- Family NP
- Jo Ann McDorman, Lima Memorial Hospital
- Provided more than 1,800 hours to nine students — a new precepting record!
- Midwifery and Women’s Health NP
- Jacqueline Cleland, Muskingum Valley Health Center
- Provided approximately 600 hours to two students
- Has precepted consistently during the past decade
- Neonatal NP
- Lori Ingelzakis, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Provided more than 600 hours to five students in last few years
- Pediatric NP
- Hannah Parks, Ohio State Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Provided 500 hours to two students
- Psychiatric Mental Health NP
- Mark Skinner, Columbus Spring Dublin
- Has mentored students for more than five years
- Provided more than 550 hours to two students
Learn about current opportunities, the responsibilities associated with becoming a preceptor, the resources available to you and answers to some of the most top-of-mind questions.