- Can I complete this at my own pace?
Students are expected to follow their plan of study. Any changes to that plan can be discussed with the student’s advisor.
- Are the courses needed to complete this certificate offered every term?
No, courses are only offered during certain terms each year. A student’s plan of study is based on this course availability.
- Is there funding available?
As non-degree students, most financial aid options and scholarships are not available to students enrolling in certificate programs. Full-time employees at Ohio State may be eligible for tuition assistance, which can aid in the costs of this certificate.
- What is the estimated cost?
A breakdown of the estimated costs for the total program may be found here. Students in the certificate program pay instructional fees, general fees, and distance learning fees each enrollment term.
- Is there a certain number of practicum hours needed? If so, where could I complete those?
One of the objectives of this program is to satisfy the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaches’ requirement for fifty twenty-minute sessions, an eligibility requirement to sit for the NBHWC Exam. This Graduate Certificate is all-inclusive, the student gains the required didactic education as well as the practicum aspect.
Numerous practicum sites are available to the student during their fourth course, Nursing 7347 Advanced Health & Wellness Coaching, including:
- Ohio State research studies
- Ohio State Exercise Is Medicine Community
- Ohio State Medical Center
- Several Ohio State colleges
- Student-selected, faculty-approved clients