Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The College of Nursing defines diversity as the variety of differences and similarities among people which can include gender, race/ethnicity, tribal/indigenous origins, age, culture, generation, religion, class/caste, language, education, geography, nationality, different abilities, sexual orientation, work style, work experience, job role and function, military involvement, thinking style, personality type and other ideologies.
Embracing diversity is a core value of our college and speaks to our commitment to represent and honor voices and perspectives that enrich our dialogue and encourage an inclusive, nurturing culture.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, with input and guidance from the Diversity Committee, sponsors programs throughout the year to support this commitment, including a climate assessment for faculty, staff and students. Future programming is in planning. To submit questions and ideas or to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion for Valuable Engagement (DIVE) program, please contact CONDiversity@osu.edu.
Our Inclusion Philosophy
We're BUCKEYES, and we:
- Believe in one another
- Understand the work that lies ahead
- Care about everyone impacted by our actions and thoughts
- Know that we are on a journey
- Expect moral and ethical standards congruent with nursing philosophy
- Yearn to grow, share and admit when help is needed so we can
- Empower those around us to challenge the status quo as we
- Sustain the success that is the hallmark of The Ohio State University College of Nursing.
Student Diversity Equity and Inclusion Award
The College of Nursing’s Student Diversity Equity and Inclusion Award is presented to a graduating student from the college who demonstrates exemplary service in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion. Students can be nominated by fellow students or faculty and staff. Nominations are received in the Spring of each year and awards are given at the spring Convocation event.
- 2021: Katherine Sampson
- 2020: Jillian Jones
- 2019: Sabrina Jamal-Eddine