We know that there’s a lot of new information coming at you every day, and it can be hard to keep track of it all. The links on this page can help you navigate through the changes that are happening and provide you support you need as we move forward. If there are other resources that you think would be helpful to you or others, please email email@example.com and let us know. Thank you, and stay healthy and safe!
Updates and resources for students:
Effective immediately, please log onto compass.osu.edu to verify your health symptoms before attending class, lab or clinical activities in-person.
- Prospective Undergraduate Students: Connect with the College Virtually!
- Pass/no pass policy
- Temporary remote learning resources
- Course and clinical updates for College of Nursing students on Carmen
- Registrar website
- Student Emergency Fund
Updates and resources for faculty and staff:
- College of Nursing Technology Support for faculty and staff
- Temporary remote teaching resources
- Temporary remote working resource
- Coronavirus temporary travel guidelines
- Employee FAQ from Student Life
COVID-19 campus information:
- COVID-19 research at Ohio State
- Wexner Medical Center updates for students, faculty and staff
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion response
- Webinar series: Staying Calm and Well in the Midst of the COVID-19 Storm
- Coping with stress and anxiety associated with COVID-19 impacts
- Emotional fitness blog
- Student Life “We are Here for You”
Office of Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) Resources:
- COVID-19 updates for students
- COVID-19 updates for faculty and staff
- Phone screening appointments for all enrolled Ohio State students
- "Let's Talk" drop-in mental health consultations
- Wellness Coaching
- Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) Lab
- Request a workshop for students
Counseling and Consultation Service provides crisis consultation for students after hours by calling 614-292-5766 and choosing option 2 which includes weekends and holidays.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resources for Franklin County residents
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
- Wexner Medical Center Emergency Care
- Call Office of Student Life’s Student Health Services hotline 614-292-4321 if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
For immediate Help and Assistance — Ohio:
For immediate assistance — Nationally:
OHIO-Nurses are up against major obstacles every day: workplace violence; burnout; unsafe staffing; COVID-19; and other traumatic events. Many of these have a lasting impact that go beyond the bedside, leading to moral injury within the profession. Moral injury, often described as a consequence of continual acts that go against one’s morality, is a phenomenon sweeping the profession, which is why the Ohio Nurses Foundation announced today the winners of a $100,000 award to support important research on moral injury in nursing.
HOBOKEN, N.J.—April 22, 2021—John Wiley & Sons, Inc. and Cochrane today announced a pilot access agreement with OhioLINK, a state-wide academic library consortium. Under this agreement people living in the U.S. state of Ohio will have free access to the Cochrane Library for one year. Published by Wiley, the Cochrane Library is a collection of health evidence used to make informed decisions about health care and policy.
by Kathy D. Wright
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. – April 8, 2021 – The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) recently selected Mary Beth Happ, PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA, as its 2021 Distinguished Research Lecturer.
AACN established the award in 1982 to honor nurses who make significant contributions to acute and critical care research. The annual award recognizes research that changes or improves patient outcomes, and advances nursing education and practice.