We know that there’s a lot of new information coming at you every day, and it can be hard to keep track of it all. The links on this page can help you navigate through the changes that are happening and provide you support you need as we move forward. If there are other resources that you think would be helpful to you or others, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Thank you, and stay healthy and safe!
Updates and resources for students:
Effective immediately, please log onto compass.osu.edu to verify your health symptoms before attending class, lab or clinical activities in-person.
- Prospective Undergraduate Students: Connect with the College Virtually!
- Pass/no pass policy
- Temporary remote learning resources
- Course and clinical updates for College of Nursing students on Carmen
- Registrar website
- Student Emergency Fund
Updates and resources for faculty and staff:
- College of Nursing Technology Support for faculty and staff
- Temporary remote teaching resources
- Temporary remote working resource
- Coronavirus temporary travel guidelines
- Employee FAQ from Student Life
COVID-19 campus information:
- COVID-19 research at Ohio State
- Wexner Medical Center updates for students, faculty and staff
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion response
- Webinar series: Staying Calm and Well in the Midst of the COVID-19 Storm
- Coping with stress and anxiety associated with COVID-19 impacts
- Emotional fitness blog
- Student Life “We are Here for You”
Office of Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) Resources:
- COVID-19 updates for students
- COVID-19 updates for faculty and staff
- Phone screening appointments for all enrolled Ohio State students
- "Let's Talk" drop-in mental health consultations
- Wellness Coaching
- Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) Lab
- Request a workshop for students
Counseling and Consultation Service provides crisis consultation for students after hours by calling 614-292-5766 and choosing option 2 which includes weekends and holidays.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resources for Franklin County residents
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
- Wexner Medical Center Emergency Care
- Call Office of Student Life’s Student Health Services hotline 614-292-4321 if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
For immediate Help and Assistance — Ohio:
For immediate assistance — Nationally:
Years ago while having a conversation with a friend who was pursuing her MBA, she mentioned the concept of mirror fallacy. This business concept means when you as the individual learn or discover something “new,” you immediately think you’re the only one who knows or discovered that which is “new”.
CARES grant to fund offerings aimed at reducing stress, anxiety and depression
The Ohio State University has received new state grant funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) to create and expand programming to help undergraduate and graduate students cope with stress, anxiety, depression and burnout associated with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Ohio State University College of Nursing faculty members Associate Professor Todd Monroe, PhD, RN-BC, FNAP, FGSA, FAAN, Professor Karen Rose, PhD, RN, FGSA, FAAN, and Assistant Professor Kathy Wright, PhD, APRN-CNS, PMHCNS-BC, were honored with Distinguished Nurse Educator in Gerontological Nursing awards, presented by the National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellenc
The organization Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR) tonight honored Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, APRN-CNP, FAANP, FNAP, FAAN, vice president for health promotion, chief wellness officer and College of Nursing dean at The Ohio State University, with its prestigious Ada Sue Hinshaw Award to commemorate Melnyk’s lifetime of cutting-edge