We know that there’s a lot of new information coming at you every day, and it can be hard to keep track of it all. The links on this page can help you navigate through the changes that are happening and provide you support you need as we move forward. If there are other resources that you think would be helpful to you or others, please email email@example.com and let us know. Thank you, and stay healthy and safe!
Updates and resources for students:
Effective immediately, please log onto compass.osu.edu to verify your health symptoms before attending class, lab or clinical activities in-person.
- Prospective Undergraduate Students: Connect with the College Virtually!
- Pass/no pass policy
- Temporary remote learning resources
- Course and clinical updates for College of Nursing students on Carmen
- Registrar website
- Student Emergency Fund
Updates and resources for faculty and staff:
- College of Nursing Technology Support for faculty and staff
- Temporary remote teaching resources
- Temporary remote working resource
- Coronavirus temporary travel guidelines
- Employee FAQ from Student Life
COVID-19 campus information:
- COVID-19 research at Ohio State
- Wexner Medical Center updates for students, faculty and staff
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion response
- Webinar series: Staying Calm and Well in the Midst of the COVID-19 Storm
- Coping with stress and anxiety associated with COVID-19 impacts
- Emotional fitness blog
- Student Life “We are Here for You”
Office of Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) Resources:
- COVID-19 updates for students
- COVID-19 updates for faculty and staff
- Phone screening appointments for all enrolled Ohio State students
- "Let's Talk" drop-in mental health consultations
- Wellness Coaching
- Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) Lab
- Request a workshop for students
Counseling and Consultation Service provides crisis consultation for students after hours by calling 614-292-5766 and choosing option 2 which includes weekends and holidays.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resources for Franklin County residents
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
- Wexner Medical Center Emergency Care
- Call Office of Student Life’s Student Health Services hotline 614-292-4321 if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Hospitalization Readiness Tool
For immediate Help and Assistance — Ohio:
For immediate assistance — Nationally:
Clinician burnout was a public health epidemic before COVID-19. Now, there is a clinician mental health pandemic within the pandemic.
COLUMBUS, OH—The Ohio State University College of Nursing set a college record for external funding received for research by its faculty from a range of national organizations that strive to improve healthcare.
The Ohio State University is turning to students for creative ideas to keep its campuses safe and healthy, and is offering a financial incentive to make it worth their while.
The Safe and Healthy Campus Innovation Challenge is supported by the Chief Wellness Officer, Office of Student Life and the College of Nursing’s Center for Healthcare Innovation and Wellness. The goal is to ask students, and the faculty and staff who support them, to share innovative solutions to the everyday challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
by Pat Ford-Roegner
In the 1960s, NASA launched the use of telehealth to monitor astronauts’ vital signs. Later, mental health counselors embraced the use of telehealth sessions.
Despite its strong historical track record, though, many policymakers have questioned telehealth’s widespread usefulness for years. They cite the public’s often-expressed reticence to share information via new technology and the need to devote limited funding resources to other diagnosis and treatment tools.