Kelly has been a Family Nurse Practitioner since 2006 working in both urban and rural family practice. She has been teaching Nurse Practitioner students since 2011. Kelly finished her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in December 2018 through the University of Kansas School of Nursing and completed her BSN and MSN at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Her DNP project focus is on a primary care provider NAFLD toolkit to improve evidence based practice of the condition.
- Teaching responsibilities
N7210 Advanced Pathophysiology (on campus & online)
N7268.01, 02, and 03 FNP Clinical Experience (on campus track)
N7250 Advanced Clinical Assessment (on campus track)
Non alcoholic fatty liver disease toolkit for Primary Care Providers
- Degree Certifications
- DNP, University of Kansas School of Nursing (2018)
- Health Professions Educator Certificate, University of Kansas School of Nursing (2018)
- MS(N) Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Nursing (2006)
- BSN, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Nursing (2001)
- FNP certification by American Nurses Credentialing Center
- ACLS/BLS certification by American Heart Association
A dinner with the dean helped Taylor Schwein find a way to tackle stress and anxiety in her student life, and now she wants her peers to join her on a similar journey.
Bringing together students of multiple backgrounds, majors, and experience levels, the Master of Healthcare Innovation program at The Ohio State University College of Nursing is empowering today’s healthcare leaders to embrace human-centered design and develop their pioneering solutions.