Drug Screening Instructions
All College of Nursing students are required to complete a drug screen during their first semester of enrollment in their program. Students will not be permitted to attend clinical or health assessment if results have not been received. Students that cannot complete a drug screen at the Wilce Student Health Center are responsible for seeking out a facility on his/her own, and paying for the cost of the drug screen. This form should be used to document the drug screen.
Drug screens can be completed at Wilce Student Health Center between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. No drug screens will be ordered past 4:30 p.m.
To schedule online, students will log in to MyBuckMD with their Ohio State name.# and password, students will select “Appt. Scheduling” from the top navigation bar, then choose “Schedule Appt.” to see the available services and appointment times. The reason for the appointment will be “Drug Screen Required by School” when selecting options from the list. The Provider Gender must be marked as “Either”. Drug screens will NOT be able to be combined with other appointments for a Preventive Medicine service, so a completely separate appointment will need to be scheduled in order to do the drug screen at Wilce.
- Students must be screened for:
- Drug screens completed at the Wilce Student Health Center are free of charge.
- Please bring prescriptions of all medications/supplements currently being taken in the case of a false positive result.
- If for any reason the drug screening must be completed again, whether due to a positive result or false positive result, the student will incur the cost of the repeated test.
If you are an online distance student, you may have your own drug screen completed at another location, but the cost will not be covered by the College of Nursing. Insufficient panels will not be accepted. All online students must submit documentation of their 10-panel drug screen to Wilce Student Health Center:
The Ohio State University
Wilce Student Health Center, Room 152
1875 Millikin Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210-2200
Or upload to MyBuckMD.
Documentation must contain the following information:
- Name, date of birth or ID number
- Full lab results of the drug screen including:
- List of drugs tested
- Results of each component tested or overall result
- Date drug screen was completed