Doctor of Nursing Education FAQs
- Is the program accredited or do you anticipate that it will be?
We anticipate it will be accredited. We have engaged with national stakeholders and have a plan and a path forward.
- Who will can my lead my field experience / immersion?
A nurse educator who holds a current, unrestricted RN license in the state where the experience takes place. They must also hold a doctoral degree, have at least two years of education experience and teach in one of the following areas:
- Board of Nursing approved academic program
- ACEN or CCNE accredited pre-licensure nursing education program
- CCNE accredited advanced practice nursing education program
- Accredited continuing education/staff development program
A student’s immediate manager or supervisor may not serve as an immersion lead.
- Does completing the program meet the requirements to become CNE certified?
Possibly. The Doctor of Nursing Education meets certain criteria for CNE certification testing. All of the required criteria can be found here.
- Can current or past work experience be counted toward my immersion hours?
Past experience would not count for immersion hours. However, immersion hours can be completed at your place of employment.
- When are the synchronous portions of the DNE’s online courses?
Synchronous times when students must be online for their classes will be once-a-week per class, on a weekday, and typically in the late afternoon or evening—e.g. ranging in time from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST.