- How much does this certificate cost?
You can review anticipated costs associated with the program by consulting the tuition and fee table online. Students in the certificate program pay instructional fees, general fees, distance learning fees, and nursing distance learning fees each term of enrollment. As a student in this certificate, you may be eligible for tuition assistance through a HRSA grant. If selected for funding through the HRSA grant, your instructional, general and learning technology fee will be paid for and you will be responsible for payment of all other fees. Full-time employees at Ohio State may be eligible for tuition assistance, which can aid in the costs of this certificate.
- Are there additional fees?
Yes, additional fees not covered by HRSA grant include $100 ODEE distance learning and $190 Nursing distance learning fees per semester. There is also a one-time $60 application fee.
- I am interested in applying to the RN to BSN program. Will this credit apply towards my degree?
Yes. Up to 50% of your certificate coursework can apply to the RN to BSN program.
- What are the advantages of pursuing the Registered Nurses in Primary Care certificate?
The coursework included in this certificate is designed to enhance the role of the RN in episodic and preventative care, triage, documentation of health status, chronic disease management including mental health in substance use disorders, hospital transition management, delegated care for illness, health coaching, supervision of other staff and quality improvement leadership.
- Can I use these courses to apply for recertification for CCCTM or Ambulatory Care certification?
- Is this a fully online program?
Yes. The courses in this certificate are offered in synchronous and asynchronous format. All class attendance and course requirements may be completed online.