GE, TM, PM Interview
As part of our application process you must complete an online interview. This interview will be conducted through an online service called HireVue. HireVue is being utilized by the College of Nursing through The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC). While logos contain the OSUWMC brand, you are completing an interview for a degree program at Ohio State’s College of Nursing.
Interviews are reviewed by our faculty selection committees and provide the faculty reviewers a deeper understanding of your goals and background, as well as the skills, attributes and experiences that will allow you to be successful in our programs. Applications without a completed interview by the application deadline are considered incomplete and will not move forward in the review process.
Treat this online interview as you would a face-to-face opportunity. You are encouraged to maintain a professional demeanor throughout the interview process. You will also need access to:
- A computer or device equipped with a camera and microphone. For a list of supported devices, please visit HireVue’s website.
- A quiet setting with a clear background.
- Prior to the online interview, you must submit your application through Graduate and Professional Admissions.
- Set up a log in for HireVue
- Click on the link that corresponds to your specialty/program/track. Links to the interview can be found below.
- Enter your first name, last name and email address included on your application.
- You do not need to upload any additional documentation.
- Once you activate your interview invitation, you will receive an email from HireVue confirming your registration.
- You will be given the opportunity to practice with some sample interview questions to ensure that your webcam and microphone are working properly. We strongly recommend that you take the time to complete these steps.
- Practice questions will not be viewed by the faculty.
- If you experience any technical issues setting up your microphone or camera, please contact HiveVue technical support.
- Record your interview
- You will have one attempt to complete this interview.
- You will need to click “Start Interview” to begin the questions.
- At the start of each question, you will have a brief amount of time to read the question and prepare your response. Recording will begin automatically.
- Once the recording has begun, please use the first few seconds of your response time to read each question aloud prior to providing your answer.
- You will be given a specified amount of time to answer each question. A timer will be visible on the screen and will countdown. If you are able to answer the question completely prior to the set time expiring, please use the “Done Answering” button to advance to the next question.
- After you have completed a response, you will need to click the “Next Question” button in order to advance to the next question.
- Remember to relax and be yourself.
- Technical difficulties
- While technical difficulties are unlikely, if you do experience any, please use the “Help” button located at the bottom of the screen. Representatives at HireVue are available 24/7 to assist you with any questions that you may have.
- All other questions regarding the application or online interview can be sent to email@example.com.
- The interview will not become available until the application is open.
- You must submit your completed interview by the published application deadline for the program in which you are applying.
- Interviews will be considered as part of a complete application. Interviews will only be viewed by authorized College of Nursing faculty members within your chosen program or specialty in reference to your application.
To access your interview please select the link for the specialty to which you applied from the list below:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- On campus option for Family Nurse Practitioner
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner