Cindy Anderson’s research is focused on the study of hypertension in pregnancy and the influence that the maternal pregnant environment has on future development of hypertension in offspring. Recent investigation is targeted towards gene-environment interactions that increase heritable risk for preeclampsia, including the study of disrupted gene function due to changes in DNA methylation. The findings of her research have the potential to significantly improve health outcomes of women and their children through early screening and identification of individuals at risk for preeclampsia across the lifespan.
- Braun C & Anderson CM. (2017). Applied Pathophysiology: A Conceptual Approach to the Mechanisms of Disease (formerly titled Pathophysiology: A Clinical Approach), 3rd ed., LWW Wolters Kluwer: Baltimore, MD. ISBN-9781496335869.
- Braun C & Anderson CM. (2017). Study Guide to Accompany Applied Pathophysiology: A Conceptual Approach to the Mechanisms of Disease (formerly titled Pathophysiology: A Clinical Approach), 3rd ed., LWW Wolters Kluwer: Baltimore, MD.
- King TL, Davidson MR, Avery MD, & Anderson CM. (2015). Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy: Placental, fetal and maternal adaptations (Chapter 20). In "Varney's Midwifery", 5th ed., Jones & Bartlett: Burlington, MA. ISBN-13:9781284025415
- Anderson CM & Avery MD. (2015). Anatomy and physiology during labor and birth (Chapter 25). In "Varney's Midwifery", 5th ed., Jones & Bartlett: Burlington, MA. ISBN-13:9781284025415
- Anderson CM & Avery MD. (2013). The physiology of pregnancy, labor and birth (Chapter 2, p 13-28). In "Supporting a Physiologic Approach to Pregnancy and Birth: A Practical Guide", Avery M. D. (Ed). Wiley Blackwell: Hoboken, NJ. ISBN: 978-0-470-96286-
- Fellow, National League for Nursing Academy of Nursing Education
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- Fellow, National Academies of Practice Distinguished Scholar
- Fellow, American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research
- Fellow, Academic Leadership Development, Big 10 Academic Alliance (2017-2018)
- President and Provost’s Leadership Institute (PPLI) at The Ohio State University
- Genomics T32 External Advisory Committee member, University of Pittsburgh, 2016-2021
- Preeclampsia Foundation; Member, Medical Advisory Board
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Harold Amos Medical Faculty Development Program ember, National Advisory Committee, 2016-present
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar Award Program; Scholar 2008-2010; Member, National Advisory Committee 2013-2016; National Mentor 2014-2017
- UND Foundation/B.C. Gamble Faculty Award for Individual Excellence in Teaching, Research or Creative Activity and Service, February 2012
Ohio State’s nursing program encourages its students to study abroad, and some programs even require it. But the students heading to Honduras during spring break are looking forward to more than just an academic experience.