All students must complete the following course for this certificate:
- NA3117 RN Practice in Primary Care (3 credits) – REQUIRED
This course will introduce RN primary care delivery and design for population health initiatives.
Students must also complete eight additional credits to meet the requirements for the certificate. Students must select from the following list of elective course options:
- NA3116 Evidence-based Health Coaching in Interprofessional Practice (3 credits)
Introduction to evidence-based coaching approaches for lifestyle behavior change as integrated within interprofessional practice.
- NA4780 Evidence-based Nursing: Transforming Clinical Practice (3 credits)
Examination of principles, competencies, practices and skills that support implementation and sustainability of evidence-based practice in order to improve quality, safety and improve outcomes for patients, populations, providers, organizations and communities across the globe.
- NA3118 Evolving Concepts in Leadership and Management (3 credits)
Exploration and application of leadership and management concepts as applied to nursing practice and the healthcare environment.
- NA4600 Interprofessional Concepts (2 credits)
Examination of principles, competencies and practices that support interprofessional collaboration, a culture of safety and improve patient outcomes.
- NA3110 Health Assessment Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
Development of health assessment across the lifespan.
- NA3430 Cultural Competence in Healthcare: U.S. and Global Contexts (2 credits)
Introduction to the concepts and techniques for the provision of culturally competent care within the U.S. and across global contexts.
- NA3114 Care Coordination and Transition in Care (3 credits)
This course will address the care coordination and transitions in care when caring for patients. Emphasis will be placed on the needs of patients with chronic diseases to include mental health and substance use conditions with a focus on population outcomes.
- NA3115 Telehealth Assessment and Management in Primary Care (3 credits)
Application of RN primary care delivery and design for population health initiatives.
- NA3113 RN Practice in Primary Care and Substance Use Disorder (3 credits)
This course will address the opiate use disorder in primary care.
- NA3111 Palliative and End of Life Care (3 credits)
Foundation for palliative care through exploration of individual, family and loved ones’ needs at the end of life.