Summer Institute for Future Nurses: Hybrid for 2022
Join us in June for nursing exploration!
Thank you for your interest. The application is closed. Please visit again in January 2023.
The Summer Institute for Future Nurses is a great way to see why nursing could be right for you!
The Summer Institute for Future Nurses allows high school students to experience lectures, our nursing skills lab and panels featuring faculty, nursing students and staff. The Summer Institute is just one of the many ways we are working to increase the number of students from historically underrepresented populations in nursing including, but not limited to, racial, ethnic, and cultural minorities, first generation low-income (FGLI) and males. Through this program and others, we will diversify the nursing profession. Moving forward, we recognize that only through broadening the representation of these groups can we improve the nation's health, reduce health disparities and move toward health equity. The Ohio State University College of Nursing is actively working to build a culturally competent nursing workforce which mirrors our patient populations.
What is the 2022 hybrid Summer Institute for Future Nurses?
In 2022, our goal is to offer a 3-day hybrid experience from Tuesday June 14 – Thursday June 16. Day 1 and 2 of programming will be virtual and the final day will be an optional in-person visit to the University for hands-on lab experience.
Please note that all in-person programming is subject to change following any updates in public health and safety guidance.
Throughout the pandemic, The Ohio State University has adapted its actions based on new information and expertise from local, state, and federal health officials as well as our own medical and public health experts. We will continue to follow this approach as we navigate in-person experiences this academic year. All students, faculty, staff, and visitors to all Ohio State campuses and medical facilities are required to wear masks indoors, regardless of their vaccination status.
Am I eligible to attend the Summer Institute for Future Nurses?
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Current high school freshmen (includes students who have graduated 8th grade this spring), sophomores, juniors and seniors (including seniors who will be graduating this spring)
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, interest in nursing and interest in pursuing your education at The Ohio State University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Completed application, including four short essays
- Provide an electronic copy of your most recent transcript
OR recommendation letter from a guidance counselor or teacher indicating your GPA
OR report card
- The SIFN application deadline is Friday April 15, 2022 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of their status via email by Friday May 13, 2022.
How much does the program cost?
The hybrid Summer Institute for Future Nurses is free to attend.
Any questions can be directed to Rachel Muredzwa at email@example.com.