BSN Interview Instructions
As part of our application process you must complete an online interview. This interview will be conducted through an online service called HireVue. HireVue is being utilized by the College of Nursing through The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC). While logos contain the OSUWMC brand, you are completing an interview for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Ohio State’s College of Nursing.
Interviews are reviewed by our faculty selection committee and provide the faculty reviewers with insights on the skills, attributes and experiences you possess that will allow you to be successful in our program. Applications without a completed interview by the application deadline are considered incomplete and will not move forward in the review process.
Treat this online interview as you would a face-to-face opportunity. You are encouraged to maintain a professional demeanor throughout the interview process. You will also need access to:
- A computer or device equipped with a camera and microphone. For a list of supported devices, please visit HireVue’s website.
- A quiet setting with a clear background.
Prior to the online interview, you must submit your application through Graduate and Professional Admissions. The required online interview will NOT show in your “To Do List” or “Application Status” in the Applicant Center. It is your responsibility to ensure you access and complete the interview by the application deadline.
Set up a log in for HireVue
- Click on the link below to access the interview.
- Enter your first name, last name and email address included on your application.
- An email confirmation from HireVue will be sent to you within 24 hours after the interview process is complete. This will be the only confirmation you receive in regard to the online interview being complete. Please make sure your email address is correct before proceeding to the interview and to check your email for the confirmation email, including your spam folder.
- You do not need to upload any additional documentation.
- Once you activate your interview invitation, you will receive an email from HireVue confirming your registration.
- You will be given the opportunity to practice with some sample interview questions to ensure that your webcam and microphone are working properly. We strongly recommend that you take the time to complete these steps.
- Practice questions will not be viewed by the faculty.
- If you experience any technical issues setting up your microphone or camera, please contact HiveVue technical support.
Record your interview
- You will have one attempt to complete this interview.
- You will need to click “Start Interview” to begin the questions.
- At the start of each question, you will have a brief amount of time to read the question and prepare your response. Recording will begin automatically.
- Once the recording has begun, please use the first few seconds of your response time to read each question aloud prior to providing your answer.
- You will be given a specified amount of time to answer each question. A timer will be visible on the screen and will countdown. If you are able to answer the question completely prior to the set time expiring, please use the “Done Answering” button to advance to the next question.
- After you have completed a response, you will need to click the “Next Question” button in order to advance to the next question. There are a total of three questions.
- Remember to relax and be yourself.
- When the interview process has been successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation email from HireVue within 24 hours. It is strongly recommended you check your spam folder if you do not see the email within this timeframe. You should keep this email to confirm you have completed the interview portion of the application.
- For help verifying that the interview has been completed, you can also access the interview link and sign in with your name and email address. If you have completed the interview, you will receive a message that the interview has been completed.
- If you have any questions about the completion of your interview, you can email email@example.com.
- While technical difficulties are unlikely, if you do experience any, please use the “Help” button located at the bottom of the screen. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-655-4106 for assistance. Representatives at HireVue are available 24/7 to assist you with any questions that you may have.
- The faculty and staff at the College of Nursing are unable to confirm successful completion of the interview. Please look for and save the confirmation email from HireVue once you have completed the interview process.
- All other questions regarding the application or online interview can be sent to email@example.com.
- The interview will not become available until the application is open.
- You must submit your completed interview by the published application deadline for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
- Interviews will be considered as part of a complete application. Interviews will only be viewed by authorized College of Nursing faculty members and staff.