- How long does the certificate take to complete?
Typically, the certificate will take four semesters to complete. This can vary depending on course offerings.
- Are students required to come to campus?
This certificate offers coursework that is 100 percent online, there are no on-campus requirements.
- If I am already employed as a School Nurse, can I complete my practicum hours at my place of employment?
Yes. If you are not currently employed as a school nurse, our faculty will assist you in finding a placement.
- How many practicum hours are required?
93.75 hours are required for the practicum in school nursing.
- Can I use a fee waiver through my district?
Yes, fee waivers are accepted. Please direct questions regarding fee waivers to your district.
- Does State Authorization impact my eligibility?
A professional license or certification may be required to practice in the field of this academic program, or to advance or specialize in that field. This program meets licensure requirements in the State of Ohio and is approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
If you are planning to seek a professional license or certification in a state other than Ohio, it is highly recommended that you contact the appropriate state licensing agency to seek information and guidance before beginning the program. In addition, online program availability may vary by state. For more information on state authorization requirements and disclosures related to online programs and state licensing board contact information, please visit online.osu.edu/state-authorization/disclosures.