RN to BSN Introduction
The Ohio State University College of Nursing RN to BSN option provides the academic foundation for graduates to keep pace with change, as well as to set the pace for the profession. Obtaining a degree at Ohio State is as important as what you learn. Our faculty is well known for its accomplishments in teaching, clinical practice, scholarship, and service. This provides students with opportunities to study with respected faculty who can provide unique learning experiences.
At graduation, BSN graduates are prepared to enter professional nursing practice as a generalist and have the foundation for graduate studies in nursing. They will be prepared to:
1. Integrate knowledge from a liberal education, the sciences, and nursing to address the health care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations across the life span in diverse and global health care systems and environments.
2. Apply a systematic process for application and evaluation of scientific evidence related to the principles of health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, and illness management across the continuum of dynamic healthcare environments.
3. Apply the knowledge and skills of information management and patient care technologies to deliver high quality nursing care that addresses legal, ethical, historical, and emerging issues.
4. Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations and within nursing and with other health disciplines to design, manage, and deliver high quality and safe patient-centered care.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to leadership and professionalism through the delivery of socially, ethically, and fiscally responsible care while embracing the concept of life-long learning.
The College of Nursing has a long tradition of excellence in pursuing the highest standards of academic preparation. Graduates of the program are prepared to work in a variety of healthcare settings and have the foundation to pursue graduate degrees in nursing. The RN to BSN option has been redesigned to provide students with greater flexibility and access. Through collaboration with Ohio State’s regional campuses and Carmen, the university’s distance learning system, the RN to BSN option is able to reach beyond central Ohio. This allows students greater flexibility to work, meet family responsibilities, and study while earning a BSN in their local communities. Students can access all required nursing courses online, allowing them more flexibility and convenience in an asynchronous format. The clinical nursing courses are tailored to registered nurses’ previous experiences and can be completed near home. Other non-nursing courses necessary for the baccalaureate degree can be fulfilled at any of the Ohio State campuses. Most importantly, advising is done at the student’s home campus.
See RN to BSN Option requirements
See RN to BSN Option prerequisites
See RN to BSN Admissions
See RN to BSN Coursework
See RN to BSN Contact us