RN to BSN Introduction
The Ohio State University College of Nursing RN to BSN option provides the academic foundation for graduates to keep pace with change, as well as to set the pace for the profession. This program has been designed to provide students with educational access through online learning in their local communities. Our faculty are well known for accomplishments in teaching, clinical practice, scholarship, and service. This provides students with opportunities to study with respected faculty who can provide unique learning experiences.
The RN to BSN option is designed for nurses who have completed an Associate's Degree or Diploma in Nursing from an institution with accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The Nursing coursework is online, and provides flexibility so that students can work and meet other responsibilities. General education and prerequisite courses necessary for the baccalaureate degree can be fulfilled at any of the Ohio State campuses and online.
At graduation, BSN graduates are prepared to enter professional nursing practice as a generalist and have the foundation for graduate studies in nursing. They will be prepared to:
1. Integrate knowledge from a liberal education, the sciences, and nursing to address the health care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations across the life span in diverse and global health care systems and environments.
2. Apply a systematic process for application and evaluation of scientific evidence related to the principles of health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, and illness management across the continuum of dynamic healthcare environments.
3. Apply the knowledge and skills of information management and patient care technologies to deliver high quality nursing care that addresses legal, ethical, historical, and emerging issues.
4. Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations and within nursing and with other health disciplines to design, manage, and deliver high quality and safe patient-centered care.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to leadership and professionalism through the delivery of socially, ethically, and fiscally responsible care while embracing the concept of life-long learning.