Graduate Entry Admissions
The Graduate Entry option provides an exciting opportunity for students non-nursing bachelor’s degree to earn a Master of Science in nursing.
Application Deadline October 12
Program Start Date Summer session
The application for Summer 2015 has closed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing major
- Applicants who are registered nurses (RN) with a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing field would need to apply to the Traditional MS program.
- Competitive undergraduate GPA
- The average grade point average of applicants who are admitted to the program is approximately a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of five prerequisite courses: human anatomy, human physiology, pharmacology, microbiology, and human nutrition prior to the term of admission with a grade of a B or better.
- Completion of a Nurse Assistant, STNA, or PCA course prior to the term of admission. For additional information please see the MS GE Prerequisites page.
- Many applicants do not need to submit a GRE score. GRE scores will only be required for applicants who meet any of the following criteria:
- Applicant has a total combined undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; or,
- Applicant has a total combined graduate GPA below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; or,
- Applicant has previous coursework completed at an unaccredited college or university; or,
- Applicant is interested in being considered for nomination in the Graduate School's University Fellowship competition.
The Graduate School may require a GRE score from any applicant to further evaluate their application.
GRE scores must be from within the past five years.
GRE scores in the 50th percentile or above are considered competitive.
Application and Admission Assistance
Our staff is eager to assist you on your journey to continue your education and pursue your career in nursing. After reviewing the information on the website, please attend an Overview Session or contact us. More information about the application process can be found on Graduate Entry Application Tips and FAQs page. Please review this information carefully.
The following materials should be uploaded to the online application and submitted by the deadline:
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges you attended (including college level courses completed in high school), except for The Ohio State University
- Purpose and Goals Statement, including a narrative discussion of professional experience, future scholarly endeavors, and career trajectory
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume/ CV
- GRE scores, if required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), required for international applicants from a non-English speaking country.
More detailed information about the application materials can be found on the Graduate Entry Application Tips and FAQs page. Please review this information carefully.
Application Process - The application for Summer 2015 has closed
- You will apply online application through the Graduate Admissions office.
- Follow this link to start your application (http://www.gradapply.osu.edu).
- The online application opens on or around July 1.
- Click on the link for “All Other Graduate Programs” at the top of the list.
- Select the Summer Application term.
- Complete the application and upload the application materials listed above.
- Send or upload transcripts.
- Pay the application fee, which is $60.
- Once the application is submitted and email will be sent to your recommenders. They will be prompted to upload a letter of recommendation for you.
- The application does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can log in and out of your application until you are ready to submit it.
- The status of the application and the receipt of letters of recommendation and transcripts can be tracked online at http://appstatus.osu.edu/.
- If you were previously enrolled in a degree granting graduate program at The Ohio State University for any length of time, your application process will be slightly different from the process referenced above.
- Begin by completing the Request for Transfer of Graduate Programs form.
- You should then...
- Complete the supplemental nursing application
- Gather Transcripts from all universities and colleges you attended (including college level courses completed in high school), except for The Ohio State University
- Write your Purpose and Goals Statement, including a narrative discussion of professional experience, future scholarly endeavors, and career trajectory
- Identify individuals to write Three letters of recommendation
- Update your Resume/ CV
- All application materials should be sent as attached PDF or word documents directly to the College of Nursing at CONemail@example.com.
- For assistance or to check the status of your application materials, contact the Graduate Outreach staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most applicants can check their application completion status through the Application Status website at: http://appstatus.osu.edu/
- Your username and password are the same as those which you used to apply. If you have difficulty logging in, go to https://my.osu.edu/ or email email@example.com .
- Only current or former OSU graduate student applying through a "transfer of graduate programs" form, need to contact the College of Nursing to check application completion status.
- Applicants are expected to keep track of their completion status.
- Applications and all supporting application materials (including reference letters, transcripts, and supplemental application) must be received by the application deadline.
- After your application is submitted, it can take up to five business days for the status of all your materials to be updated on your application status webpage.
- We strongly encourage you to verify final completion of your application at least 5 business days prior to the deadline.
- Transcripts may take up to 5 business days to post as completed. GRE scores may take up to 10 business days to electronically post as completed. Please plan to submit these items by the end of September.
- Any item still marked as incomplete by the deadline, regardless of the reason, may result in your application being removed from consideration.
- Applicants will be notified of admission status by February 1.
See Tuition & Fees See Financial Aid
See MS GE Coursework
See MS GE Prerequisites
See MS GE FAQs
See Schedule a Visit
See Graduate specialties