The Ohio State University College of Nursing welcomes you to our newly developed Data Commons, a cloud-based environment where faculty, staff and students can safely and securely store, manage and share their data while meeting federal, state and local regulations. Personnel are developing methods for internal and external data sharing to meet the needs of research investigators to assure the safety of their data. We welcome your input on how we can best support your data needs.
The Data Commons also provides access to validated commonly used data collection forms, more commonly known as common data elements. The National Institutes of Health is encouraging the use of common data elements to aggregate data across studies. Data standardization in nursing is necessary to support evidence-based practice.
Need data for pilot studies?
The Office of the National Coordinator created a website providing links to a large number of health-related publicly available datasets. These and other datasets provide an environment to capture and analyze health data. Take a look at the resources below.
- Health.IT publicly available datasets
- Health Data Catalog:
- The Nurses’ Health Study and the Nurses’ Health Study II
- The Framingham Heart Study
- Longitudinal Study on Aging (multiple years)
- The National Health Interview Survey
- National Hispanic Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (HHANES)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey
- National Vital Statistics System