Mental and Behavioral Health
- ADHD Practice Guidelines Part One: Assessment 0.9 CEs
Professor Alice Teall updates learners about the specifics of assessing for ADHD. She provides an overview of diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology and screening tools used to assess patients for ADHD.
- Present an overview of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Review the assessment of ADHD for pediatric and adult populations
- ADHD Practice Guidelines Part Two: Management 1.0 CEs/0.5 Pharmacology CEs
Professor Alice Teall expounds upon ADHD in this course including explaining appropriate behavioral interventions for pediatric and adult patients with ADHD. She also provides an overview of stimulant and non-stimulant pharmacologic interventions available for management of ADHD symptoms.
- Outline behavioral interventions for pediatric and adult populations with ADHD
- Discuss stimulant and non‐stimulant medications for ADHD
- Summarize evidence‐based practice guidelines for ADHD Management
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening and Assessment 5.19 CEs
Pulled from the wildly successful KySS (Keep Yourself Safe and Secure) Mental Health Fellowship, this course provides an overall view of screening and assessing pediatric mental heal disorders. Dean of The Ohio State University College of Nursing, Dr. Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, an expert in evidenced-based practice and mental health and wellness provides this overview with an in-depth focus on child and adolescents.
- Describe the prevalence of child and adolescent mental health disorders
- Identify children and youth at high-risk for child and adolescent mental health disorders through use of appropriate screening tools
- Discuss screening tools and important clinical interview questions when assessing mental health disorders in children and teens
- Describe the components of a mental status exam
- Describe how mental health disorders are diagnosed
- Discuss the general approach to management of mental health disorders in primary care, including when to refer a child or teen to specialty care.
- Pharmacotherapy for Depression and Anxiety Disorders 3.4 CEs/3.4 Pharmacology CEs
Justin Kerr presents updates related to depression and anxiety pharmacotherapeutics.
- Identify the various categories of psychotropics used to treat depression or anxiety disorders
- Appreciate the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) indications, as well as off-label uses, of psychotropics
- Discuss the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of various psychotropics
- Increase knowledge of adverse events associated with psychotropics
- Identify factors that may contribute to treatment decision-making