Total Health and Wellness at Ohio State East Hospital
The Ohio State University College of Nursing is pleased to offer a nurse practitioner-led comprehensive primary care practice at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center East Hospital. Ohio State Total Health and Wellness offers an interprofessional team approach to integrated physical and mental health care for people across the life span.
The care team includes:
Family nurse practitioners (FNPs) to assess your current state of health, provide evidence-based management of health conditions, and assist you in reaching optimal wellness
Certified Nurse Midwives to provide gynecological and obstetrical care
Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs) and mental health counselors to help you with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues
Pharmacists to assist with management of medications
Dietitians to teach you about your diet and how to eat and cook to improve your health
Community health workers (CHWs) to assist with financial issues and community support
Nursing and other health science students who will be learning about you and your community’s health needs while providing education and skills building so that you can reach optimal health and wellness.
Total Health and Wellness offers comprehensive physical and mental health care.
Appointments may be made by calling 614-685-9994.
Types of services offered include:
- Family practice care to individuals of all ages, including children and adolescents
- Health and wellness education
- Evidence-based management of new health concerns
- Care and ongoing management for conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart failure, stroke prevention and others
- Routine physical exams, health and wellness screenings, and vaccines
- Women’s services including pap smears, birth control and care during and after pregnancy
- Health education to help you reach your optimal state of wellness
- Mental health counseling and programs for conditions such as depression and anxiety
- Healthy lifestyle programs, smoking cessation and diabetes education
- Referrals to community resources
In 2017, Total Health and Wellness, as community-based health care providers, met the requirements of the HRSA Health Center Program, and received the designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike. Total Health and Wellness operates under a governing board that includes patients and community members.
We provide primary care services in underserved areas and will see patients regardless of their ability to pay. We utilize a sliding fee structure for all patients. Total Health and Wellness accepts most health insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid.