College seeks candidates for senior biostatistician position
Associate Professor – Senior Biostatistician
The Senior Biostatistician will be responsible for a wide variety of advanced biometrical statistical and technical activities for the design, analysis, and interpretation of statistical data. Supervise and provide training for statistician. The Senior Biostatistician position is responsible for independently applying a variety of intermediate and advanced statistical techniques and technical skills to promote the collection, analysis and interpretation of data arising from research studies in the College of Nursing research program. The Senior Biostatistician will provide statistical support, such as study/clinical trial design, sample selection, sample size and power calculation, analysis plan construction and execution. The ideal candidate will also present analysis results to the individual principal investigators. The other responsibilities include the ability to extract specifications, to design and develop or modify complex database structures in a relational or object oriented environment. The Senior Biostatistician designs, codes, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
Successful candidates must have a doctoral degree in biostatistics or epidemiology, or a doctoral-level degree in a health-related discipline with a quantitative emphasis, plus at least 5 years of post-doctorate experience. Demonstrated record of serving as co-investigator on NIH or NIH-equivalent grants is required. History of first authorship or co-authorship on articles in scientific journals is also required.
The candidate must have experience with statistical packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MPlus, R, PASS).
- Works with principal investigators to specify the experimental design and statistical analysis plan required for grant submissions;
- Evaluates research studies and recommend statistical procedures, including, but not limited to, hypothesis tests, regression models and multivariate analysis to analyze the data;
- Performs a variety of advanced biometrical statistical and technical activities for the design, analysis and interpretation of statistical data in conjunction with the College of Nursing research program;
- Performs complex statistical analyses for a broad spectrum of types of data and types of studies
- Works with the Associate Dean for Research & Transdisciplinary Scholarship regarding strategic planning and resource utilization;
- Designs and develops or modify complex database structures in a relational or object oriented environment;
- Designs, codes, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs;
- Provides input and oversight for implementing efficient computerized research data management systems using commercially available software and hardware;
- Develops operational procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data;
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- A PhD in biostatistics, bioinformatics, or epidemiology or a doctoral-level degree in a health-related discipline with a quantitative emphasis plus 3-5 years appropriate experience in biostatistical data analysis and data management.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software applications such as SAS, SPSS, STATA, MPLUS, R and other statistical software as required;
- Experience with Windows PC and UNIX Environments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Experience working in an academic or health care computing environment;
- Record of taking the initiative to solve problems and working with high standards;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
The Ohio State University offers excellent research and clinical facilities, rich interdisciplinary collaboration and a diverse and supportive environment.
Send cover letter and curriculum vitae to:
Kimberly Arcoleo, PhD, MPH
Associate Dean for Research & Transdisciplinary Scholarship
Director, Center for Women, Children & Youth
The Ohio State University College of Nursing
1585 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.