Who is my Pre-HWIH academic advisor?

You can find your advisor by checking your Buckeyelink account. If you are currently enrolled as a pre-HWIH student, you can schedule an appointment with your advisor by calling the Office of Student Affairs and Success front desk at 614-292-4041.

As a parent of a Pre-HWIH student may I contact the academic advising staff?

Parents can contact the academic advising staff. We are happy to assist you and your child throughout the pre-HWIH year. However, much of the information we may access regarding your child's academic work and progression is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and may not be shared with parents without written consent of the student.

What are the prerequisite courses I must complete as part of the admission process into the nursing major?

A list of the prerequisite classes can be found here.

Is it possible for a non pre-HWIH student to apply to the major?

Yes, students outside of the pre-HWIH option may apply to the major assuming they complete the prerequisite courses and meet the minimum admissions requirements.

Where should I send my AP scores?

Please send AP scores to the following address:

The Ohio State University
Undergraduate Admissions
Student Academic Services Building
281 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210

Do I really have to take a Foreign Language Placement Exam?

Although the College of Nursing does not require students to take a foreign language, we encourage students to take the Foreign Language Placement Exam. Depending on the placement score students may receive elective credit, which is required for graduation.

What if I cannot get into the prerequisite courses?

The academic advisors will assist you in scheduling and help you register for the required classes.

Contact us