- Can I complete this at my own pace?
Students are expected to follow their plan of study. Any changes to that plan can be discussed with the student’s advisor.
- Are the courses needed to complete this certificate offered every term?
No, courses are only offered during certain terms each year. A student’s plan of study is therefore based on this course availability.
- Is there funding available?
As non-degree students, most types of financial aid and scholarships are not available to students enrolling in certificate programs. Full-time employees at Ohio State may be eligible for tuition assistance, which can aid in the costs of this certificate.
- What is the estimated cost?
A breakdown of the estimated costs for the total program may be found here. Students in the certificate program pay instructional fees, general fees, distance learning fees, and nursing distance learning fees each term of enrollment.
- Does this program allow me to sit for Ohio Department of Education (ODE) School Nurse licensure?
No, this program is intended for nurses that already hold this license. Nurses looking to receive licensure should consider Ohio State’s School Nurse Professional Pupil Services Licensure certificate.