- A bachelor's degree – Note: Beginning January 1, 2020, the Ohio Department of Education will require a master’s degree in order to be eligible for the Ohio Department of Education endorsement as a School Nurse Wellness Coordinator.*
- Active, unencumbered Ohio RN license
- Active Ohio Department of Education School Nurse Professional Pupil Services License
- Minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 in prior undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Ohio resident
- Students must reside in an authorized state in order to participate in this certificate
*Those seeking Ohio Department of Education endorsement as a School Nurse Wellness Coordinator will need to have 3 years of ODE licensed SN experience and a master’s degree after January 1, 2020. If you are licensed as an RN outside of Ohio, you will need to determine if your state is approved for this program.
- Submit an online application.
- You must upload a summary of your Ohio RN license including your full name, license number, and expiration date. This screenshot can be found on the Board of Nursing website and must be a PDF file.
- Send an official copy of all college or university transcripts to Professional Admissions:
- Electronic copies may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copies may be mailed to:
Graduate and Professional Admissions
P.O. Box 182004
Columbus, OH 43218-2004
Admission for the certificate will occur every semester. If you would like to learn more, you can email the admissions team at email@example.com.
Students will be held to the College of Nursing and university standards for admission, as well as academic and ethical performance standards.
In accordance with the non-discrimination policy of The Ohio State University and the College of Nursing, we strictly prohibit any discrimination based upon age, color, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, religion, pregnancy or veteran status in its application, admission or enrollment practices.
Ohio State is committed to treating applicants fairly and with dignity and respect. Please click here to review Ohio State's new post-admissions policy.
Are you ready to take the next step?
Deadline: July 2, 2019
Opens: August 1 | Deadline: November 1
Opens: January 2 | Deadline: March 1