#MindBodyStrong is an evidence-based program to guide adolescents in understanding concepts in health and wellness to achieve self-confidence and well-being.
This three-day camp will take place on The Ohio State University campus July 10 through 12, 2018 from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. each day. Students ages 12 to 14 as of July 1, 2018 are welcome to participate. Only 30 students will be enrolled.
The registration fee of $90 includes a daily healthy lunch, snacks, course materials, and a T-shirt.
Registration will be available soon!
The following list of topics will be covered during the three-day camp. In addition, participants will be encouraged to engage in 20 minutes of physical activity such as walking and dancing to build youths’ beliefs that they can engage in and sustain some level of physical activity on a regular basis.
1. Introduction to the #Mindbodystrong Program and Thinking/Feeling/Behaving Triangle
2. Self-Esteem and Positive Thinking/Self Talk
3. Goal Setting and Problem Solving
4. Stress and Coping
5. Dealing with Your Emotions in Healthy Ways – Emotional/Behavioral Regulation
6. Effective Communication, Personality and Communication Styles
7. Barriers to Goal Progression and Energy Balance through PA with Associated Benefits
8. Heart Rate & Stretching and PA and its positive effects on mental/physical health
9. Food Groups and a healthy body. Stoplight Meal Plan
10. Nutrients to build a healthy body. Reading Labels. Media/advertising effects.
11. Portion Sizes “super-size” Influence of feelings on eating.
12. Eating for Life & Social Eating – Party Heart(y)
13. Snacking Can Be Healthy Too and Eating Out
14. #Mindbodystrong program Healthy Choices and Puttling It ALL Together