Research Intensive Workshop
NUTS & BOLTS OF
Designing, conducting, analyzing, and funding intervention studies
May 29-31, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio
This intensive research workshop will focus on the essential elements of designing, conducting, analyzing, and funding intervention studies.
Research Intensive Workshop Topics
• Using theory to guide intervention research
• Designing intervention studies
• Minimizing threats to validity
• Measurement in intervention research
• Designing & maintaining fidelity in intervention research
• Sample, missing data & data management
• Explaining intervention effects: mediators & moderators
• Comparative effectiveness and economic evaluations of interventions
• Strategies for successful grant writing and grant budgets
Breakout session topics
1. Conducting community and school-based interventions
2. Ethical considerations and IRB process
3. Critical care and acute care settings
4. Lessons learned from conducting multi-site research
5. To boldly go….health literacy & cultural considerations in intervention research
6. Use of animal models in intervention research
Daily roundtable discussions led by expert faculty
Day 1: Designing intervention studies
Day 2: Conducting & analyzing intervention studies
Day 3: Successful funding of intervention studies
Doctorally prepared nurses, advanced practice nurses, doctoral students and other interdisciplinary professionals who desire knowledge and critical skills to design, conduct, analyze, and successfully fund intervention studies.
Scheduled expert faculty
Bernadette Melnyk PhD, RN, CPNP/PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN
Dianne Morrison-Beedy PhD, WHNP-BC, FNAP, FAAN
Jeanne Ruiz, PhD, WHNP-BC, RNC
Rita Pickler, PhD,RN, PNP-BC, FAAN
Kimberly Arcoleo, PhD, MPH
Laura Szalacha, EdD
Linda Chlan, PhD, RN, FAAN
Laureen Smith PhD, RN
Carson Reider, PhD
Mary Beth Happ PhD, RN, FAAN
Jennifer Kue PhD
Donna McCarthy PhD, RN, FAAN
Feedback from past workshop participants:
“Good coverage of the topics! Speakers are knowledgeable, experienced, and energetic.”
“Great implementable information.”
“Presentations made the process come alive.”
“Many good ideas and tips!”
The Fawcett Center
2400 Olentangy River Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43210
The Marriott Springhill Suites across from the Ohio State campus at 1421 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212, is offering rooms at a group rate of $129/night. Please make your reservation at 1-800-MARRIOTT and mention the OSU College of Nursing Research Workshop to receive the special rate. Reservations must be received by 5/15/13.
To register and pay online for both groups and individuals, please click here . If you choose to pay by creditcard, payment is due at the time of registration.
To register by mail, please download the conference brochure, fill out the registration form, and mail it to the address shown with your payment.
If, and only if you have registered online and chosen to pay by mail, please download the deferred payment invoice , fill it out, and mail to the address shown with your payment.
For additional information, please contact Abrea Johnson at (614) 688-1751.